The BTEC Bunch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The BTEC Bunch

Forum created to support Btec Level 2 at Tameside College by Paul Bolton

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scott Devlin - web 2.0

Go down 
AuthorMessage
d3v3r5123

Scott Devlin - web 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Scott Devlin - web 2.0   Scott Devlin - web 2.0 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:42 am

FACE BOOK
Face book is the largest social networking site on the internet. Started in 2003 as a student networking site, it has grown to become the world’s largest social – and increasingly business – networking forum. It offers a platform where people can interact and catch up with their friends and acquaintances.More than 400 million active users.
Employees 1,400+
More than 50% of face book accounts are used each day!
The average person has 130 friends.
Users spend more than 500 billion minutes per month on Face book.
Average user is connected to over 60 pages, groups or events.
The Average user create 70 prices of content each month.
More than 25 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
Face book is translated in 70 languages.
About 70% of users are outside the US.
More than 550,000 active applications currently on Face book Platform.

MY SPACE
My space was founded by Chris Dewolfe and Tom Anderson in 2003.
My Space was purchased in 2005 for $580 million by Rupert Murdoch creator of a media empire that includes 20th Century Fox and the Fox television stations.
Google paid $900 million to be My Space's search provider.

Google Apps Technology
in 2006 Arizona State University makes Google Apps Education Edition available to 65,000 students.
Google’s hosted email, IM and calendaring solution, including integrating it with home-grown single sign-on and user provisioning systems.
Arizona State University was spending over $353,000 per year for a mail system that wasn’t as powerful as the personal accounts used by students which they got for free.
Back to top Go down

Scott Devlin - web 2.0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The BTEC Bunch :: Your first category :: WEB 2.0-
Jump to: